Monday, April 06, 2009

What can we do?
I feel like I'm in a bad dream right now.
I've barely even dealt with the reality of my dad's death - and now Kristi is dead.
We shouldn't have to figure out if we can go down to New Mexico to be with Chris and the kids right now - We should just be able to drop everything and go...

We leave on Friday for my dad's memorial.

I will feel really bad for Scott if we can't go to Kristi's funeral.

Her death is heartbreaking to me - on many different levels. For one, because it's Kristi. Sweet, funny, strong, a good friend to my husband and his family... and she was welcoming and open to me when I joined the "family". Maybe it helped that her (then 4 year old) daughter Kaycee never stopped talking about me...
My heart also breaks for her 3 beautiful children. Kaycee, Mateo and Miles. She fell asleep next to the boys and just didn't wake up in the morning. She had no health issues, no symptoms besides feeling a little "off" the night before. Her boys woke up, couldn't wake up their mama and ran to get their dad... I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. Mateo is 7, Miles is about 18 months old, Kaycee is about 11.
Kristi was my age (34).
If I had health insurance right now - I would go for a full physical today. I cannot believe that she is gone at such a young age and with no warning.

She was a bright light in our lives and she will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I am so sorry for all of your losses.