Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New in the shop

OK, so I know I've been away from the blogging world for a while (it's the story of my life) but I'm super excited about this new necklace. Why? Because it has changed my mind about Mother of pearl. I'll be honest. I've never really been a fan of the pearly stuff... Maybe on some cool, old vintage buttons, yes... but on jewelry?? I've always shied away just a bit. {Oh, and just a point of interest here: The pearl has been known as a "stone of sincerity", bringing truth to situations and loyalty to a "cause"}
Well, I made this necklace - one for myself and one for the shop and I haven't taken it off since! For one, it goes with pretty much everything ('cause it's a neutral)! For two, it has these amazing, mystical, metaphysical healing powers (who knew I needed them)!

Mother of pearl helps calm boisterous behaviour (yes, I know I'm normally quiet but when I let myself go I can be quite obnoxious and loud and run right over people in a conversation). Mother of pearl also helps you see yourself in the way others see you (see above)... Which is great when you have that umpteenth argument with your spouse about the same exact thing you've been fighting about for 20 years (OK, maybe only 10 for me). I can finally calm my obnoxious powers and see things from his point of view. heheh.

Mother of pearl also (and true to it's name) is a great shell for mothers. It brings calm, sincerity, innocence, integrity and focus. My kids will love this necklace! Unfortunately, they've been at grammie and grandpa's for the whole of it's existence - so they will have to experience it's powers another day... Hopefully soon! I miss the little munchkins!

You can read more about this necklace here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/51002109/mother-of-pearl-fine-and-sterling-silver

I call it a Mother's "Dog Tag" - because it's about the same size as a military dog tag, but it's a different kind of battle... the kind of battle that helps raise healthy, smart, independent, loving and aware little people.
Hope everyone is having a glorious day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is super pretty and I love the shape and size, good work!

Jewelers St Louis said...

Beautiful necklace!!! It is lovely piece of jewelry. Love to see more beautiful piece of jewelry and revisit your blog.